These are the things I want to tell the teenage version of me while thinking that I already knew what it meant to have a life.
1. It’s not the end of the world so stop being a drama queen! Life doesn’t end when you don’t get exactly what you want. There are worse things in life than finding out your crush doesn’t like you. Or that you’re friends think you’re weird. Get over it, you’re life doesn’t end when you break up with your first boyfriend. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and move forward.
2. You don’t know it all. You think you know it all but you don’t. Stop pretending that you understand what you don’t. It’s bad enough that you think you know what life is but you will lose life lessons when you try to be something that you’re not. It’s cliché but what the hell, listen to your parents.
3. You are not misunderstood. Listening to rock or emo doesn’t mean that people can’t relate to you. Outcasts are outcasts but when outcasts form groups, you are no longer outcasts, it’s already a community. Being mysterious can only get you so far, if you don’t use that time to learn the things you need to learn, it’ll just hinder you into thinking that there’s nothing more than your stupid image.
4. Life doesn’t end at happily ever after. Life doesn’t end when you get married and have kids. That’s actually when life starts. Don’t believe the movies that you’ve seen, it’s a tainted view of the reality that life will always end on a good note. It doesn’t and you have to be prepared or you’ll end up breaking your heart when it’s not necessary.
5. Don’t be in such a hurry to grow up. There is still a lot of time to grow up when you’re grown up, just give it time. Enjoy being where you are in your life, stop the crap of trying to be an adult and be mature. Make the mistakes you’re supposed to make when you’re younger because it’s better to make them now than when you’re older. Nobody likes an adult making childish mistakes.