Since I’m still a vegetarian, I’m taking advantage of the fact that I can still eat dairy (although, I’m trying to mitigate that by buying organics). And eating dairy involves a lot of pastries so I’m digging my hands into baking. And so far I’ve got a banana bread and choco chip oatmeal cookie recipe being perfected. So far my banana bread has been loved by my colleagues so I’m posting the recipe so that anyone can try to make it too!
- 1 ¼ cup Muscovado Sugar
- 1 stick of butter (room temperature)
- 4 bananas
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven at 160 C.
- Mix sugar and butter (make sure butter is soft enough so you can mix the sugar in easily). Once well mixed, add eggs on at a time.
- On a separate bowl, chop and mash bananas until chunky. Add in milk and cinnamon.
- Add bananas to sugar and butter mixture.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt to sugar to wet mixture until flour is mixed in. Consistency of batter should be thick and smooth and not runny.
- Bake at 160 C for 45minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
Hope you like this recipe. Enjoy baking and eating! 🙂