I have browsed the internet for cookie recipes hoping that I’ll find one that I can make. And after some time, I tweeked some and found my own version of all the accumulated help from all the generous people on the internet. And it’s a big hit with my friends, so to give back, I’m sharing my own version of an oatmeal choco chip cookie.
- 1 ½ cup muscovado sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups quick cook oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup choco chip cookies
- Preheat oven at 160 C.
- Whisk together sugar and melted butter, making sure that all lumps in the muscovado are gone.
- Add in vanilla and egg. Mix well.
- Add in oats, floud, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Scoop into cookie sheet into rounded tablespoons about 2 inches apart. (Make sure the consistency is right, the cookies should be balls rather than wet puddles). Put the choco chips individually to each cookie (I know this is too much work but see my Useful things I’ve learned from baking so far part II and you’ll realize why I make this effort rather than just mixing the choco chips in with the dough)
- Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes. Make sure not to overbake.
Hope you enjoy this recipe! Any suggestions or comments are welcome to improve this recipe. Enjoy baking and eating. 🙂