This food exemplifies the idea that good food doesn’t need to be complicated. This is a simple recipe but universally loved by my officemates and since a lot of them are asking how I make it, I’m writing it down. I usually don’t do measurements and just cook by senses but people can’t read my thoughts so I have to do this. Also, this recipe also shows the reason why it’s so hard for me to transition to veganism, I LOVE CHEESE L
This recipes spouses three of my favorite food philosophies, (1) food is not complicated, (2) vegetarian food is awesome and not at all yuckie and (3) EVERYTHING IS BETTER WITH CHEESE.
So anyway, recipe below serves 6 people. Cook time is around 25 minutes.
- 6 wheat tortillas
- 2 red bell peppers (cut into strips)
- 2 green bell peppers (cut into strips)
- 2 white onions (cut into strips)
- 2 tbsp musvovado sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cheese (as much as you want but as healthy as possible :D)
- In medium heat, cover bottom of the pan with olive oil. Add onions. Sautee onions until they are slightly translucent. Add in the bell peppers, cook for about 5 minutes until the peppers become tender but still firm and not mushy. Add in sugar and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside because this is the filling for the quesadilla.
- Cover the entire tortilla with grated cheese, make sure to spread evenly to that you that it wont be salty in some parts. Add the onions and peppers evenly to the tortilla. Cover with another thin layer of cheese. Top with another tortilla.
- Toast quesadilla for about 1 to 2 minutes to melt the cheese inside and toast the tortilla.
- You can serve it with hot salsa or sour cream if you like J
I don’t have any picture of this dish because I often forget to take pictures of the food I make (please forgive me for not providing any references to how it should look afterwards).
Hope you like this recipe. Enjoy cooking and happy eating!